Caring for Our Community, Changing Lives
What is it used for?
The FILE OF LIFE information pack enables First Responders, responding to an emergency call, to obtain a quick medical history when the patient is unable to offer one. The medical information card eliminates the risk of the patient who, in a confused or incapacitated state, may forget important information that can help the First Responder assess the patients condition. The pack includes 1 Personal Medical Record form, 2 Wallet Personal Medical Information cards, 1 HFVA Information card, and 1 front door window/door sticker.
The information card, which is kept in a red plastic pocket labeled FILE OF LIFE, lists the patient’s name, emergency medical contacts, insurance policy and social security #’s, health problems, medications, dosages, allergies, recent surgeries, religion, doctor’s name and a health care proxy and initiative. The entire pocket is held, with a magnet, placed on the patients refrigerator.
Benefits to our Residents and Community:
• Peace of mind knowing they will have prompt and quality care.
• It provides easy access to potentially life‐saving information.
• Assurance the proper person will be notified quickly.
• Peace of mind knowing that your local Fire Department and EMS responders are involved with its residents.
• It provides a renewed sense of community spirit.
• It saves precious time during an emergency.
• It provides vital medical information to EMS responders when you are unable to answer questions.